Planning a beach wedding or elopement calls for an appropriate beach themed wedding invitation! Because beach weddings are becoming more and more popular, there are many excellent invitation designs that you can coordinate with a beach theme.
Your guests will recognize your wedding theme from your invitation. A beach themed designed invitation will let your guests know how you plan to celebrate your ceremony. Many beach invitation colors are usually softer shades or a monochrome look with a beach theme. You may also find many invitations with colors that match your wedding colors. Just remember not to overdo it with too much color. It’s a great idea to match the style of the beach’s location, such as an invitation with a beach and lighthouse is perfect for a wedding near a lighthouse but may not be the best choice for a wedding on a tropical island.
There are so many beach themed invitations to choose from. You can find cards that are single sheets or folded, some may include a vellum overlay or accents, and they can be almost any size or shape with scalloped edges representing ocean waves. The colors can be very simple, monochromes, pastels, and even vibrant rainbow colors. Most beach invitations use an image of a beach as the focal point. The beach image can be used as a border, a background, or an accent to the invitation font.
Some of my favorite ideas for beach themed images are:
- Palm trees or trees native to the area
- Ships or yachts
- Shells, starfish, Conch shells, or sand dollars
- Beach chairs
- Lighthouses or docks
- Fish, seahorses, dolphins, sea turtles
- Waves, shorelines, or basic beach scenes
- Beach Sunsets
- Flip flops, beach umbrellas, or other beach accessories
If you still can’t seem to find the right beach invitation that strikes your fancy, try creating a photo invitation with pictures of the beach where your ceremony will be held. You could use beach images, such as hearts drawn in the sand with sea shells around, or even your wedding date drawn in the surf. Both of those are very popular.
You may consider adding accents to a basic wedding invitation to create your own custom, personalized look. These are great accents for beach invitations:
- beach sand glued to the paper
- Tulle or lightweight ribbon in white or beach colors
- Shells glued to the invitation
Even though the basic wedding invitation wording is the same for a beach wedding as it is for a traditional wedding, your beach invitations may require some additional information for your out of town guests.
- If your guests will be traveling to your wedding festivities, the invitations should be mailed in plenty of time to allow them to make their arrangements. Also, you may want to include an address and a phone number of a contact person, such as a wedding planner in case of misdirection. Be sure and give complete driving instructions to avoid any delays.
- Be sure and let your guests know that the ceremony will take place on a sandy beach and they will want to dress appropriately, specifically footwear. High heels make walking in sand very difficult, if not nearly impossible.
- Another important thing to remember is that many beaches have limited parking available, and enclosing a map of the area and with alternative parking suggestions is a good idea.
There is no doubt you will be able to find the right beach themed wedding invitation that will give your beach wedding ceremony elegance and distinction that is just perfect for the two of you. With so many designs to choose from, you are sure to find the perfect beach wedding invitation.
For more information, please visit my website at http://www.stsimonselopements.com or e-mail me for a free quote at email@example.com. You may also give me a call at 912-638-8706. I look forward to hearing from you and beginning your wedding planning today!