One of the most exciting parts of planning your barefoot beach wedding or elopement is deciding on your beach wedding attire! Not only do you choose your own wedding attire, but you also decide for the groom as well as for the entire wedding party. Whether you are looking for formal, semi formal, or casual, there is much available for you to choose from.
When choosing your beach wedding gown, keep these things in mind:
- Think light and airy. You’ll want to choose simple summery fabrics like cotton, linen, chiffon, tulle, or crepe.
- A classic choice for color is crisp white. Although a crisp white gown works beautifully for the beach, so do does a cream color or a floral print.
- It is also acceptable to choose a dress inspired by a bikini or swimsuit. This can be a very sexy look.
- You may want to wear a simple pant suit in a sheer fabric, with a brightly colored bikini underneath, rather than a dress. This is a very different option, but is completely acceptable.
- If your beach wedding is taking place in early spring or autumn, you may consider a shawl in one of your wedding colors or in classic white.
It’s not always easy to choose beach wedding attire for your bridesmaids. Keep these things in mind:
Remember that all dress styles do not look the same on every person.
You may want to choose different styles for different figures that complement each bridesmaid, but keep the same fabric.
Whatever styles you choose for your bridesmaids should complement your own wedding gown.
Your bridesmaids will be purchasing their own dress, so try to choose something they may want to wear again.
Groom & Groomsmen:
There are several things to consider when choosing the wedding attire for the guys. Your choices will also vary, depending on what your wedding theme is.
You’ll want to think about what the groom is most comfortable in. He will most likely want to feel relaxed in a cooler light colored fabric. Just keep with the beach theme, of light and airy, and away from dark colored tuxedos and you can’t go wrong.
Flowergirl dresses are usually adorable and you will want to choose something light and airy that she may be able to wear again, as well.
You are probably thinking of bare feet in the sand for everyone! That is probably the best idea, as well. Consider wearing “Barefoot Sandals” made of beads. Although you may be going barefoot for your beach wedding, you will want to think about walking to and from the beach area. You will also be in your bare feet for the duration of the ceremony and reception. Think about whether you will need a pair of shoes with you at some point.
For more information on the perfect barefoot beach wedding, please visit my website at http://www.stsimonselopements.com
Or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
or give me a call at 912-638-8706