How can a wedding coordinator help?
- I can help you create the wedding of your dreams. I’ll help you with choosing your venue, vendors, color scheme, theme, music, etc.
- Together, we will create a budget sheet and keep track of where your money is going and how much is still owed.
- I’ll also help keep you within your budget.
- I’ll suggest vendors that fit your budget and ideas.
- We will make a wedding planning schedule so that you know what you’ve done and what still needs to be done.
- In most cases I’ll be able to save you money because of my connections in the wedding industry.
- I’ll take care of any emergencies that arise.
- I’ll create a wedding day schedule.
- And, I’ll take all the stress off of you so you can enjoy the pre-wedding time with your fiance’.
How do I find a wedding coordinator?
Word of mouth is always good, but also ask wedding vendors about coordinators they have worked with. Call first and see if you like them over the phone. And, with all the avenues the internet has to offer….you can find anything you need! Most wedding coordinators that want your business will have a website.
- Is the coordinator organized?
- Does she have a website?
- Do you feel comfortable with them?
- Are they friendly?
- Do they know what they are talking about?
- Do they have any references?
- How long have they been in business?
- Are they within your budget?
- Are they computer literate?
- Do they have another job or do they coordinate full time? A full time coordinator works at planning your wedding during regular business hours, which makes it much easier to make contact with wedding vendors.
What services do wedding coordinators offer?
Full Service Wedding Planning: Along with a free consultation, I will save you time by listening to your needs and booking appointments for you with vendors that meet those needs.
- Complete planning and coordination of your wedding.
- Initial consultation and advice.
- Preparing a budget.
- Preparing a schedule/timeline and checklists.
- Contact wedding vendors and describe what you want, what your budget is, if they are available on your date. This way the vendors already know about you when you walk in the door.
- Make a floor plan for wedding vendors and a wedding day schedule.
- Assisting with selection and booking of ceremony and reception venues.
- Assisting with selecting and booking an officiant for the wedding.
- Assisting with recommendations on a color scheme, theme and style of the wedding.
- Assisting with recommendations on design, printing and mailing out of the invitations.
- Assisting with tracking RSVPs and who will be attending.
- Assisting with recommendations of wedding attire and accessories.
- Finding, negotiating with and booking suitable and preferred vendors (e.g. baker, caterer, florist, photographer, printer, videographer, musicians, etc.)
- Reviewing vendors’ contracts and coordinating with vendors.
- Providing information to obtain a marriage license.
- Ceremony planning and directing.
- Preparing wedding day itinerary.
- Attending and overseeing the rehearsal.
- Instructing attendants about their duties.
- Directing the processionals, recessionals and receiving line.
- Reception planning.
- Coordinating the collection of gifts received on the wedding day.
- Wedding day coordination.
- Providing a stress-free day for the bride and groom.
Rehearsal/Day Of: I will coordinate and direct your rehearsal and wedding day only. This includes directing the events of the day and making sure everyone around you is doing their job, as well. Should any emergencies happen, I’ll take care of them. Although you may hire me for rehearsal and day of, I have actually been working on your wedding anywhere from 30-50 hours before the day actually gets there.
- Consultation with bride and groom
- Preparation of a rehearsal and wedding day itinerary.
- Attendance and direction at the rehearsal.
- Coordination with vendors to confirm arrangements for the wedding day.
- Attending, overseeing, and directing the ceremony and reception.
How Much Do You Charge?
Full Wedding Planning: a percentage of the total cost of your wedding.
Day Of: by the hour or a flat fee.
Elopement Packages: varies, depending on amenities chosen.
And one more reason you need me……….If your minister doesn’t show up, I am a wedding officiant and can perform your ceremony, as well!
For more information, please visit my website at http://www.stsimonselopements.com