If you’re dreaming of a destination wedding, the Golden Isles of Georgia is the absolute best location to exchange your wedding vows. St. Simons Island and Jekyll Island are the epitome of romance with a backdrop featuring amazing sunrise or sunset beach weddings. Destination weddings are all about the location…and it’s all right here!
The number of couples choosing destination weddings has increased by 200 percent in the last 10 years and the trend continues to grow.
At St. Simons Elopements, we put a lot into preparing and planning your destination wedding. We make all the arrangements for you and all you do is show up! Destination wedding planning is fun and exciting, and it shouldn’t be any other way!
If you are considering a destination wedding, you will want to think about a few things.
- You might choose a destination wedding location because it may be the place that you met, or a place of cultural/heritage significance, or a place that you particularly love.
- Weddings can be expensive, but with careful planning of your destination wedding and a realistic budget, it doesn’t have to be.
- You and your fiance’ may just want a change from the traditional. You still want your wedding to be memorable, and most of all to reflect your own personalities and uniqueness.
- Some couples just feel the need to escape from it all. They are feeling the pressure from everyone to plan their wedding this way or that…or invite this person or that….or to use this vendor or that.
If you are serious about a destination wedding, then there are a few things you should know…
- A destination wedding promises to be one of the most memorable experiences of your life. If unforgettable is just what you’re looking for, then a destination wedding is for you.
- A destination wedding typically involves fewer guests. If you are okay with having only your closest family and friends, then a destination wedding is for you.
- A destination wedding is a once in a lifetime adventure with your focus primarily on a simple ceremony with much less hassle than a traditional wedding ceremony.
Before making your decision, consider your own priorities. Then ask yourself if the really important people in your lives would be agreeable to the idea of a destination wedding. Would they be willing to travel to your destination wedding? Or do you want the romance of just the two of you?
Through all of the destination weddings I have planned and been a part of, there is something truly magical about each one. The romance and intimacy of each ceremony embodies a richness that cannot be described. It is the gift of love seen through the eyes of each bride and groom on their wedding day.
For more information on destination weddings, please visit my website at: